How to Reach a Human Being at the IRS
Due to budget cuts reaching a human being at the IRS has become even more difficult. But sometimes even seasoned tax professionals need to speak to a person to resolve a sticky IRS issue.
With that being said, here are the steps you need to take to reach a real person on the phone at the IRS:
- Before you call make sure you have all the information that you need to discuss your issue including tax notices, social security numbers of individuals on the return, the tax return in question, and any other information necessary.
- The IRS telephone number is 1-800-829-1040, and they are available from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday thru Friday. The best time to call is early in the morning. I recommend setting aside 90 minutes for this process.
- The first question the automated system will ask you is to choose your language.
- Once you’ve set your language, do NOT choose Option 1 (regarding refund info). Choose option 2 for “Personal Income Tax” instead.
- Next, press 1 for “form, tax history, or payment”.
- Next, press 3 “for all other questions.”
- Next, press 2 “for all other questions.”
- When the system asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, DO NOT enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will be prompted with another menu.
- Finally, press 2 for personal or individual tax questions. The system should then transfer you to an agent.